Sunday, April 13, 2014

Getting Ready for Easter, and Mystery Solved!

Well blog pals, the temperatures where we live are much warmer, and we'll soon be out working in our garden! We're also getting ready for Easter! Ben is wearing his fuzzy lamb outfit while Jerry is again wearing his funny Easter bunny costume!

Ben also likes his mini bunny toy, and Jerry is holding his little Paddington bear that we purchased in London. Little Bears also like to sleep with their stuffed toys from time to time. Jerry has also been beary busy this week; he made beautiful colored Easter eggs!

Aren't they beautiful. Ben wonders how Jerry gets such dark colors...but Jerry giggles that it is his secret and he's not able to share it.

Speaking of Jerry, we also have a MYSTERY UPDATE! Ben has reviewed all the evidence and photographs that were taken several days ago surrounding the mystery of the missing Rolo candy. He also carefully studied all of the ideas and comments submitted by our blog pals. Finally, he asked Jerry if it was he who made off with the delicious chocolate candy and ate it. Here is the transcript of Jerry's response:

Jerry: "Well Ben, I did eat part of the kandee."

Ben: "Part? What doo yoU mean?"

Jerry: "I onlee ate part of the kandee. It was beary good."

Ben: "Well if yoU onlee ate part of it, who ate the uther part of it? Didn't yoU take the kandee? YoU disapeered behind the kichen kounter."

Jerry: "Well, I was sitteeng down to eat the kandee, so yoU onlee saw my hat I guess, but I didn't take the kandee."

Ben: "Well then, who did?"

Jerry: "Papa took the kandee. He took a bite, and shared the rezt with me."

Ben: "Papa?? Why did he take the kandee."

Jerry: "He said he was hungree from taking so many pichures, and that the kandee looked soooo good. So he took one bite, and shared the rezt with me. It waz yummee!"

Ben: "Ohhhh, that makes senze! I'm so glad the myztery is zolved!"

Jerry: "Hey Ben, do you hav any more of thoze kandees?"

22 comments:

  1. Ahhhh... they both ate some of it!! Who knew that the photographer could be so sneaky! Well, I'm glad you figured out the mystery Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a tough case Sandy. Ben thought and thought, and he nearly asked that Sherlock Sandy come and help him, but since he knew you were hard at work in your garden, he decided just to confront the suspect (who was looking through a garden catalogue and drinking honey tea at the time). It is not surprising, however, that few in the house, even the "responsible" adults, can resist Rolos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the direct approach does work sometimes. I must say, you both look beary handsome in your Easter outfits. I wish I had an Easter outfit... ***sigh... deep, shuddering, tremulous sigh...*** (as Sandy gazes at his Mama with his soft brown little bear eyes).

      Delete
    2. You definitely need an Easter outfit Sandy. There is also a black sheep costume too!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, it was an inside job.... Taking pictures is hard work and who can blame anyone for wanting to sneak a bite of candy? I will have to try the Rolo Cookie Bar recipe (and I learned my lesson....be sure to buy extra candy for the photographer).

    Now, if Jerry could share how he gets his Easter Eggs so colorful that would be helpful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We agree Little Fox; luckily, the recipe leaves some extra Rolos to much on, but you can double the recipe too and bake it in a regular-sized pan.

      Jerry may reveal his secret; Ben just has to keep baking to butter him up! hehe

      Delete
    2. I too would like to know how you get those Easter eggs so nice and dark!

      Delete
    3. Ben says he'll keep working on Jerry, but this might be another Sherlock Sandy episode, Mystery of the Easter Egg Dye.

      Delete
    4. Martha Stewart says: for darker eggs (a) use more food colouring or (b) leave them in a looonnnngggg time!

      Delete
    5. We did notice that Jerry left his eggs in the colored water for a beary long time... Ben will continue to investigate

      Delete
    6. Uh-huh... That sounds like it might work. I don't think we are doing coloured eggs this year... I am going to have to get after Mama to pull out the Easter decorations! I soooo wish I had an Easter outfit...

      Delete
    7. What kind of Easter outfit would you like Sandy: bunny, white sheep, black sheep?

      Delete
    8. There's a black sheep?? That might be cool!! But Mama is shaking her head - she says she has a surprise outfit for me!!!! Oh yay!!! I guess it's not a surprise anymore though...

      Delete
    9. Yes there is! Ben says a little red Canadian flag pin would look beary nice on the black sheet outfit!

      Delete
    10. Well, I will have to look harder for that then. Mama is rolling her eyes and saying at least a black sheep outfit wouldn't get dirty (apparently I am not the cleanest little bear).

      Delete
    11. They are on Ebay. Also, Ben says to check out this idea for Easter eggs: http://news.yahoo.com/frothy-fun-dyeing-easter-eggs-shaving-cream-120941847.html

      Delete
  4. Sometimes those Papas and Mamas (we won't name any names) are sneakier than little bears. Glad you solved the mystery Ben.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Buttons! Luckily little bears are often smarter than our human companions! hehe

      Delete
  5. I am beary curious how Jerry got a pink nose. Is that part of the costume also? My mom wants to dress me up as a bunny now. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh-heh... us little bears have to have some secrets! How to turn a black nose to a pink nose... that is highly advanced little bear lore!

      Delete
    2. Hehe, true enough Sandy, it's a little bear secret (but not difficult to figure out). We sometimes get a pink nose if we're outside in the winter for a long time.

      Delete
  6. Really??? Hmmm... I would like to see the pictures of that!

    ReplyDelete