Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cooking With Ben: Gooey Chocolate Caramel Bars, part 1

Ben says cheerfully "Hello blog pals and welkom to another Ben's keetchun! Today we ar makeeng Gooey Chocolate Caramel Bars."

You see, winter has been beary, BEARY long where we live, and one little bear in our house has been a bit, well, grumpy because he would like to start working in the garden, but we can't yet until spring is finally and fully here. "So," says Ben "to cheer evuree one up, I goneeng to make zum spezial goowee karmal bars!"

First, you'll need some Rolo candies, like the samples Ben has laid out to show you in our kitchen. The chocolate candies (and they have caramel centers) are wrapped in gold fold.

They come in a twelve once package (340 grams) that looks like this:

"Thaz rite" says Ben "They ar beary gud chocolat kandies, and...  wait a minoot,... hold on here, ...something is wrong."

Oh dear, it appears one of the sample candies has mysteriously disappeared.

Before we can continue with the recipe blog pals, Ben needs you to help us to solve the chocolate mystery. If you think you've solved it, Ben declares "Peaze leev me a meszage on the blog."

15 comments:

  1. Detective Ajdin is on the case! I will try to help you solve it, but I think I will need a Rolo candy also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, that seems like a beary fair payment for your assistance!

      Delete
  2. Look for the red-hatted traumatically depressed gardner. Side effect of TDG is kleptomania of chocolate & carmel candies. ;) Poor Jerry! I can't wait for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a beary good lead Buttons. Ben will look into it!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... I would pry open someone's mouth and see if there is residual caramel stuck inside. Also, I did notice that a certain red-hatted little bear, who had been watching over the counter, all of a sudden... well... disappeared from view... beary suspicious if you ask me! I would tend to go with Buttons... a severe case of TDG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are very good observations Sherlock Sandy. Ben is still on the case!

      Delete
  4. Initially I thought it could be Jerry......but then I started to think deeper and deeper about the case and I bet Jerry has rock solid alibi from the garden center employees so I think Jerry is in the clear. Do you think Boo can catch the scent of the thief?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, the counter is much too high for Boo to jump up and steal a candy, plus dogs are not supposed to eat chocolate, and Boo knows that. Ben is still on the case.

      Delete
  5. Well, it wasn't me! Here in the UK we had an advertising campaign for Rolo which said 'Do you love anyone enough to give them your last Rolo?' :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben, I have a new theory for you to investigate. Do you think that maybe another bear borrowed Jerry's hat and shirt and dressed up like Jerry to make it look like Jerry was involved? Last time I saw a picture of Jake he looked beary similar to Jerry???????? Did Jerry's alibi at the Garden Center ever get confirmed or denied?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben doesn't think it is another bear; our pal Jake went home, and only Jerry is in the house...hm, Ben will have to look into that.

      Delete
  7. Hmmm... I am looking at the pictures again and that hat (without a little bear head) could be a strategically placed decoy. Jerry may have wandered off and someone else placed his hat there to make it "look" like Jerry took the chocolate. Who else was in the house at the time??? hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, Ben didn't think about that. He still has to look over some of the photographs that were not posted to the blog so see if there are any additional clues.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you solve the mystery yet, Ben? Uncle Tibbs, Ooogie and I are beary interested in hearing about the recipe... :)

    ReplyDelete