Sunday, May 27, 2012

Babies!

Jerry and Ben have been spotting lots of little baby animals all over the city this weekend. Can you see the baby animals in each photo?

While walking along the lakes, Jerry spied some baby Canadian geese with their mommy this morning. Jerry wonders if Canadian geese honk with a Canadian accent? Maybe our new pal Canadian Bear can tell us...

Ben saw a mommy duck and her little ducklings. "Thoz little duks sure are gud swimmers" said Ben.

Yesterday, we saw a mommy turkey and her five babies looking for food in the neighbor's yard! Yes, there is a small group of wild turkeys living in the city! They walk through the yards and say "gobble, gobble" to all the neighbors. Ben wanted to go play with the baby turkeys, but Papa said it was better to stay back, because the mommy would not like little bears to get to close to her children.

Finally, we saw some cute piglets at the farmer's market yesterday and had to take a photo for our pal Sullivan; we think he would like them. The pigs are made out of recycled metal, and the noses are bottlecaps! Aren't they clever? Were you able to spot all the babies in the photos?

7 comments:

  1. We love your photos!!!! The ducklings are so adorable...
    Many kisses and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben and Jerry
    I don't know if Canadian geese speak with a Canadian accent, but the ones that landed near our house don't sound like the Welsh Brecon Buff geese in our yard. I tried and tried to hear whether our geese speak Welsh or English, but they just flapped their wings and hissed at me.
    Our dog, Quango, chased the Canadian geese away, cos there were about a hundred of them and they were eating all our neighbour's grass, which he needs for his calves. I didn't get to hear whether they sounded Canadian. Our neighbour, Viv says he thinks they speak locust, cos they eat every scrap of greenery, just like locusts.
    Wish I could send you some of my photos of our cute lambs.
    Trumble xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are a lot of babies - I lost count after 20! I haven't seen any turkeys up here in Canada, although Mama says there are lots and lots at a place called Safeway. As for baby anythings, I think they are still waiting to hatch. We've been hearing tonnes of Canada Geese headed north... they go "honk-eh... honk-eh... honk-eh". Is that a Canadian accent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like watching bayby duks swimming along behind theyer Mum. Thare is yewzly wun that goze off on his own, and the Mamma duk kwaks at him an tells him off, yewzly by pekkin his bottom! Ha!

    Jerry an Ben, thank yu for my berfday card! It's brilliant! I hav a hat just like that! Hehehe! It cayme last week but Mummy wuddent let me open it till today (she is such a nag sumtimes) but it is on the mantelpiece now!!!!

    BTB

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Canadian Bear, "Honk, eh?" that comment made Ben giggle
    @ Hammie, get G to take a photo, maybe we can figure out what those birds are
    @ Bob, glad you enjoyed the B-day card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some really great piglets!
    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby animals are all very cute. Our favourites are the Canadian geese :-)

    ReplyDelete