Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hello Little Guy!

Last summer, Ben saved some marigold seeds from his garden and stored them away for the winter. A few weeks ago, when the weather outside started to get warmer, he planted the seeds in a little pot. He carefully watered them, and every day, he turned the pot so that the growing green shoots pointed to the sun. Today, a tiny orange marigold flower blossomed, the first of many this year. Do you like to garden?

6 comments:

  1. OOH! I LOVE gardening. My full name is Trumble Gardener-Bear and I grow things every year. There is a stack of gardening catalogues by my bed and I drop of to hibernation as I paw through them.
    Wish I could send you some photos.
    Trumble

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Trumble, Thanks Trumble! Hope you have a great garden this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely! Gardening is very satisfying isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, we love gardening! It is wonderful to watch the fresh little green grow, and wait impatiently for the first blossoms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tous mes ours ADOOORENT le jardin... sauf quand il pleut (bêêêrk c'est mouillé !) ou qu'il fait froid (j'veux rentreeeeer ! j'ai les paaaattes geléees) ou trop chaud (ah j'en peux plus, enlève-moi cette fourrure !)

    Mais non, ils aiment beaucoup mes fleurs. Je veux dire : les regarder ! Ils sont moins courageux que Ben qui a planté et arrosé sa petite plante (bravo !). Surtout Achille, d'ailleurs
    - Même pas vrai.
    - si monsieur l'ours.
    - Nan.
    ...
    nek
    All my bears love the garden ... except when it rains (bêêêrk it's wet!) or it is cold (I wanna go! my legs frozen) or to hot (oh I can't anymore, I removed the fur!)

    But no, they love my flowers. I mean, LOOK at the flowers! They are less courageous than Ben who planted and watered the little plant (Bravo !).
    Especially Achille !
    - not true.
    - Yes, Mr. Bear.
    - NaOoooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy gardening. But things here have been a little slow this year. Not the weather, we had 80 degree days in March. Everything is about 5 weeks ahead in growth. It's the getting the gardener to get busy, that's the problem. I think it may have to do with her recovery, she needs motivation.

    Your flower is beautiful and it's really cool you grew it from seed.

    ReplyDelete