Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Night Train

We recently went to see the Night Train. A local model railroad club has a permanent exhibition, but this year, they did something different: a night train.

The wonderful layout is a kind of replica of the twin cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, and all the streets and building are lighted. You can even see into some of the buildings and view little people eating dinner or watching tv!


 Isn't it great! It was beary dark inside, so it wasn't so easy for our seKretary to take photos of us.

All the little lights and the moving trains make the city come alive!


We loved this passenger train whisking by. You could see the passengers inside the train! So much detail.

 There was also a little river paddle boat!

Finally, there was the Christmas train! Each train car was lighted (how do they do that?). Jerry took a little movie to share:


We had a lot of fun looking at all the trains. Do you have any miniature exhibits near where you live?

4 comments:

  1. How cool! We all know how much you guys like trains. Yes, there is a miniature exhibit that we sometimes pass by, but I have never been inside. It is called Roadside America. Maybe one day I will get to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the railroad clubs open their clubhouse for visitors (they are beary secretive out here). Nothing as elaborate as the night train, cool movie by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not any more. There used to be a model train club on the station and they played a soundtrack of steam trains on a loop system. I loved that, as I am old enough to remember travelling on steam trains in the 1950s.
    There are quite lot of real steam trains (full-sized and kiddie sized) that you can visit and ride on. We like to do that!
    I have never seen a model train at night though! What a wonderful sight that must be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time you must have had visiting the model night train. My wrinkly Bill loves model trains but it is a bit far for us to come.We don't have one close to us. I can see you have nice warm hats on but don't your ears get cold poking out?

    ReplyDelete