Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Time to Think About Gardening?

"Well fello garduners" says Jerry, "spring iz almozt here. The snow waz all meltud thiz morning when I lookd outzide. Itz time to theenk abowt my favoright hobbee, Garduneeng! Letz go to the store and look at sum seedz! But befour we do, letz check the weathur again in caze we need to take a umbrellah!"

"Um..." grumbles Jerry, "what iz going on here! Thiz is NOT funnee!" "

"Iz thiz a joke?!?!?" continues Jerry. "I am NOT happee about thiz."

"Thiz is TOO much! Ben and me ar going on strike! We protezt snow and winter! We on portezt unteel spring gets here!! Pleeze joing owr protezt!"


19 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is terrible. I join you in a sympathy strike, Stuffies must unite!

    My advice treat Jake, Boo, and Ben to some Starbucks hot chocolate. Tell the bearista to get the "good stuff" instead of the regular hot chocolate. That usually calms me down. Ps - they keep the "good stuff" in the back of the store and you do have to ask for it by name. I think it's on the stuffie secret menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great advice Little Fox. Ben suggested it to Jerry, and here is Jerry's response....grumble, grumble, "hate snow", grumble, grumble "protezt"...But then he cheered up when hot chocolate was mentioned..

      Delete
    2. "Good stuff"??? They have good stuff?? Hmmm.... clearly I do not move in the right circles! As for the protezt... I'm all in! We have been having rain and drizzle here and... can you believe it... the deer have been eating the tulips!! Grumble... grumble is right!

      Delete
    3. We haven't found any "secret" stuff at Starbucks either...clearly Little Fox is part of the in crowd (hehe). We're still looking for the secret Barista Bear clothing store located in some Starbucks stores...or at least that's the rumor Jerry heard; Ben tends to think it's not true...

      Delete
    4. Hmmm... I think Little Fox is an expert at working undercover... he probably has a nom de plume and manages to slip through the Starbucks security baristas undetectd!

      A secret Barista Bear clothing store?? I will have to keep my eyes peeled!

      Delete
    5. I was an expert at working undercover but now that I carry my flag around with me almost all of the time my ability to blend in is not as strong as it used to be.

      Delete
    6. Well, Foxes are supposed to be super good at sneaking and doing so quietly, so if Little Fox can't find the secret room of Bearista clothing, no one could!

      Delete
  2. Oh nO! I know *exactly* how you feel! Maybe you can read a book and sip hot chocolate... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry says "Protezt! Protezt!" Ben is in the kitchen making some hot chocolate; hopefully that will work!

      Delete
  3. I hope so too, maybe Ben can make some cookies as well :)

    Whenever you have a cookie and hot chocolate things seem to turn out OK. The offer for you to come to my roommates garden and pull weeds is still on the table if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have great ideas Little Fox! Ben will make some cookies this weekend; that usually cheers everyone up!

      Delete
    2. I find just having a hot chocolate makes the world calm down... ahhh... Did I hear that Jerry is willing to travel and weed gardens??? We could use him up here!

      Delete
    3. Jerry maybe you and Ben could do a west coast tour. Perhaps you could start at Sandy's place and work in the garden and then come down here to help me in my garden? By the time your west coast tour is over your garden will probably be ready.

      If you help me in the garden here I would be willing to help you shovel snow :)

      Delete
    4. That is a great idea Little Fox! We do love gardening. The snow has finally melted, so Jerry is a bit less grumpy.

      Delete
    5. Sandy, hot chocolate is always a good thing! Jerry adds "with sum kookees!"

      Delete
    6. Ah-hem... Jerry is not answering the question put to him by Little Fox and myself... weeding??? Hello???

      Delete
    7. Oh, hehe, sorry Sandy and Little Fox. Jerry and Ben do like to work in the garden, even weeding, though some of those tough weeds are very hard for little bears to pull out of the ground, and they end up slipping and falling on their behinds. Jerry says "Juzt make sur yoU hav lotz of snaks and honee tea on hand!"

      Delete
  4. Jerry those weeds can be tough, thankfully I take the smaller sized weeds and my roommates pull the bigger ones. Snacks and Honey make any task go by quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes... our yard had been neglected by the previous owners so the weeds were allowed to run rampant. I am encouraging the humans to get the upper hand with them!

    ReplyDelete