Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mardi Gras Fun!

Happy Belated Mardi Gras everyone! Jerry and Ben had a blast this year celebrating Mardi Gras! Even our dog Boo wore a special mask!

There was delicious Cajun food to try, King Cakes, and beignets (yummy!) Mardi Gras is celebrated many places in the world, and near us especially in New Orleans. Here is a photo from a previous trip.

There is also a BIG parade with lots of colorful floats. Aren't they beautiful?

Do you celebrate Mardi Gras where you live?

13 comments:

  1. I would like to ride in the white carriage with all my bears!
    We don't celebrate Mardi Gras here in the North of England, but I think there might be something similar happens in London, only on a smaller scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd look great in the white carriage Granny K! Would all your bears fit?? We will send you some Mardi Gras beads for your bears!

      Delete
  2. I like your outfits!! I didn't do anything for Mardi Gras... we have had lots and lots (and lots!) of rain. I think I am getting cabin fever... this little bear wants to go out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! We still have lots of snow, but it is slowly melting now. We've got cabin fever and hope to be able to get outside soon!

      Delete
  3. Great costumes! Did you try the Kings Cake (I think that's what it's called?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ajdin! Yes, we've had Kings Cake before, and it's beary yummy!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow!!! We don't have a Mardi Gras in Brighton but I wish we did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mardi Gras looks like so much fun. Was it crazy in New Orleans when you went a few years ago? I bet Ben enjoyed all the French influences (and French food) in New Orleans.

    At our house Fat Tuesday came and went with little fan fair. Maybe we should have a "make up Fat Tuesday" celebration next Tuesday. I could get some King Cakes, French Onion Soup and lots of French pastries to celebrate. Not the most traditional celebration but it could still be lots of fun. I will have to poll my stuffie friends and see if they are up for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben did enjoy all of the French things. French onion soups sounds so yummy, esp. during the winter when it's beary cold outside. We may have to try and make it this week!

      Delete
  6. Ooooh You were soooo lucky to go to the Mardi Gras on a previous trip. Do you live far from New Orleans? The wrinklies I'm staying with at the moment are going to New Orleans in November. They have to fly all the way over the big Pacific Ocean to get to LA and then another airplane to Nashville and then a car trip to Gatlinburg and then back to Memphis AND then a river cruise down the Mississippi River to New Orleans. I don't know if I am allowed to go too but I hope so very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, that is a BEARY long trip! We'd need a lot of naps! We live many hours from New Orleans and have only flown there, but we have a few friends who live there. It is a very fun city with lots to do. We hope you'll have some time to visit one or more of the nearby plantations, like Oak Alley....so beautiful!

      Delete