Monday, June 3, 2013

More Gardening!

Our pals Teddles and Granny K recently shared photos of their nice sunny garden, so we thought we'd show you some more of the many things growing in our garden.

First, Jerry poses with the first Iris to bloom this year. "I mak shoor to watur the Ireeses everee day" says Jerry. We've had a lot of rain lately, so the watering mostly takes car of itself.

Granny K has Heartsease or Wild Pansies growing in her garden. We don't have those, but we do have some purple and yellow Pansies; "they luv the cool weathur" notes Jerry.

Meanwhile, in our little side herb garden, Ben investigates the first white flower on the strawberry plants. "When kan we eat the strawbaries?" asks Ben. As long as the squirrels don't steal them, we should have strawberries beary soon! What are the favorite plants in your garden?

9 comments:

  1. Oooh! Strawberries! Yum! I'd like to eat some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Granny K, We hope so! We have a lot of raspberries too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do like yor gardnin clothes. Speshly yor hats!
    My oak tree has had to go into a bigger pot agen this yeer. I'm goin to put a new pic of him on my blog in a minit. I am also growin basil an strawbryberries this yeer!
    WA-HEY!
    Nose hugs!
    :@}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh - beautiful garden! My favourite plants are pansies and petunias... also daffodils, crocuses and tulips (but they are more spring flowers). We apparently have blackberries in our new garden!! They make yummy jams and jellies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Bob, Thanks bob, a gardening hat is essential. We like basil too!
    @ Sandy, We had tulips earlier. We use our berries too to make jams, very yummy on English muffins in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strawberry plant?! We are so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have jam on our scones!! Usually strawberry jam.... we made scones the other day too, and put chopped up cherries in them! They're REALLY yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've gotten a late start on our gardening this year. We were away for a long time this spring. Long enough to miss our lilacs, tulips and bluebells bloom. :( I am looking forward to the inpatients and petunias.

    Your Iris is beautiful! So smart to have a gardening apron to keep your jeans clean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birthday Bear has gone to bed but she asked me to comment on your post for her while she catches up on her beauty sleep. I think your garden clothes are very nice, too nice to get dirty in the garden. Your iris is looking great too. I see you two were lucky to get post cards from Sandy.

    ReplyDelete