We're very thankful for so many things, including all of our blog pals, having a safe place to live,
A Thanksgiving Quiz, by Jerry and Ben
"Puleez shooz tHe bestest answur to eech kwestun" says Jerry. "Thar ar 9 poinTs posbluh" responds Ben. Papa adds "The correct answers are at the very end of the quiz."
1. What year did the Mayflower arrive in Plymouth, Massachusetts?
a. 1620
b. 1640
c. 1632
d. 1492
2. What kinds of seafood did the Pilgrims eat?
a. lobster and clams
b. oysters and eels
c. clams and codfish
d. all of the above
3. Who, in a letter to his daughter, proposed the turkey as the official United States bird?
a. Thomas Jefferson
b. George Washington
c. Ben Franklin
d. John Hancock
4. What animals sailed on the Mayflower with the Pilgrims?
a. cows
b. dogs
e. little bears
5. Which American president made Thanksgiving an official national holiday?
a. Jackson
b. Grant
c. Lincoln
d. Madison
6. What was the Pilgrim's name for boiled-corn pudding?
a. Cornish pudding
b. scratch pudding
c. maize pudding
d. Indian pudding
e. hasty pudding
7. What kind of houses did the Native Americans live in when the Pilgrims met them?
a. wigwams
b. teepees
8. What is a male turkey called?
a. Bill
b. Tom
c. Serge
d. Hal
9. What did Native Americans wear on their heads when the Pilgrims met them?
a. elaborate headdresses of many feathers
b. a single eagle feather
ANSWERS: 1a, 2c, 3c, 4b, 5c, 6e, 7a, 8b, 9b
Yay! I got eight right and I'm British. But our poppa is American, so maybe I learned the answers without realizing. I just thought I was guessing, but maybe not.
ReplyDeleteI like the Pilsbury Doughboy too. He looks cuddly, like us, and his things are tasty.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Trumble
Well done Jenann! Happy Thanksgiving day everyone (sorry it's late!)
ReplyDeleteHey, I've been to the place where the Captain of the Mayflower started off!!! it's in Rotherhithe in London!!!
ReplyDelete@ jenann, Thanks! The Pillsbury Doughboy is cute, and if you poke his tummy, he giggles.
ReplyDelete@ Granny K, Thanks Granny K, hope you're having a nice fall too!
@ Beanie, We've never been to that site in London, but we'll have to add it to our list for a future visit. Beanie did you share any of your prize candy with Andrea, or did you hoard it all? hehe
Hmmm... my earlier comment didn't get posted... Maybe it got lost in cyberspace? I did the quiz too but... I was so sure little bears were on the Mayflower!
ReplyDelete@ Sandy, Hmmm Sandy, we're not sure, we hold Papa didn't hit the delete button by mistake; sometimes when he doesn't have enough coffee in the morning he's a bit tired.
ReplyDeleteThat's OK... sometimes things just get lost in cyberspace and never show up... or they get duplicated! Don't you guys bring him coffee in bed??
ReplyDelete