Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bear Olympics - Team USA & Final Voting!



Team USA--Ben, Jerry and Jake--(photo above, left-to-right) is ready for the Bear Olympics, and we're very pleased to host the following beary important contests:

ENTRIES & FINAL RESULTS!
Judging for our contests will be a little different from some of the other bear olympics contests (just to make it easier): Jerry, Ben and Jake will each give a score of 1-to-10 to the entry, and the final score will be the average of those 3 individual scores. We'll be sending some little prizes to the winners.

The judges were beary impressed with all the contestants! You all did a great job!

Contest 1: Napping
photo of the contestant napping or hibernating


Gold Medal, Fitzwilliam Toffypenny
Silver Medal, Sullivan McPig
Bronze Medal, (tie) Sandy & Buttons BeCause


Sullivan McPig (The Netherlands)
Judges' Results:
Jerry: "Sullivan iz snoozing, zzzz." 8.5
Ben: "That blankie lookz nize!" 8.5
Jake: "Awesome dude!" 8

Sullivan is napping on the couch with a nice warm and soft blanket.

Fitzwilliam Toffypenny (The Friendly Company of Bears, "Granny K"), (Great Britain)

Judges' Results:
Jerry: "I sleep when I reed too muzh two!" 8.5
Ben: "The bouk iz a nize tuch! Beary creetive!" 9
Jake: "Awesome dude!" 9


 If you listen carefully, you can hear Fitzwilliam Toffypenny snoring!

Alexander Mackenzie Bear (Sandy), (Canada)

Judges' Results:
Jerry: "Shhhh, don't wake Sandy up!" 8
Ben: "Duz Sandy wear hiz hat two bed? Canada muzt bea culd!" 8
Jake: "Awesome dudes!" 8.5



Buttons BeCause (U.S.A.)
Judges' Results:
Jerry: "Buttons needz to burrow Sullivan's blankie!" 8
Ben: "We luv naps too! Napz are beary gud!" 8.5
Jake: "Awesome dude!" 8





Contest 2: Gardening
photo of the contestant gardening or in the garden


Gold Medal, (tie) Sandy & Buttons BeCause
Silver Medal, Teddy
Bronze Medal, (tie) Bob T. Bear & Zotti


Alexander Mackenzie Bear (Sandy--flower gardening), (Canada)

Judges' Results:
Jerry: "Thatz a beary nice garden!" 8.5
Ben: "Where iz Sandy? Oh, there he iz! I like all the difrant kinz of plantz." 9
Jake: "Awesome dude!" 9


Alexander Mackenzie Bear (Teddy--herb gardening), (Canada)

Judges' Results:
Jerry: "Yummy, mint!" 9
Ben: "Teddy iz a gud gardener, look at all the mint!" 8.5
Jake: "Awesome dude!" 8.5


 Alexander Mackenzie Bear (Zotti--vegetable gardening), (Canada)

Judges' Results:
Jerry: "Beary purty!" 8
Ben: "Zotti muzt be proud of thoz veggees!" 8.5
Jake: "Awesome dude!" 8.5


Bob. T. Bear, Esq. (Great Britain)
Judges' Results:
Jerry: "Thatz a nize shuvul, kan I burrow it?" 8.5
Ben: "Are you growing slugs Bob? (giggle and toe wiggles)" 8.5
Jake: "Awesome dude!" 8


Bob. gardening with marigolds and slugs

Buttons BeCause (U.S.A.)
Judges' Results:
Jerry: "Thatz a beary nice garden!" 9
Ben: "We luv all the photoz Buttons!" 9
Jake: "Awesome dude!" 8.5

one gardening photo among many; check the link above for more




13 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting!!! Unfortunately we don't have a garden so we won't be able to enter that contest and Andrea never notices us when we're sleeping..... but we'll see if we can hijack the camera somebow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was difficult, but i managed to squeeze in a nap ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I will send in my photos of our team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... and is Jake a cousin?? He looks like he might be related!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Beanie, it can be a very small garden, even a window garden!
    @ Granny K, yeah! hope you enter!
    @ Sullivan, Outstanding entry!
    @Sandy, Jake is our good friend, he's probably a cousin, we're not really sure, but he stays with us sometimes; he loves sports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU FOR THE GRAYTE POSTCARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    OK I will see wat I can enter an send a pic!!

    Meenwile hav yu seen Beanie's synchronised farting event? HAHAHA I did sum pic's on my blog. I shan't win cos I had to enter on my own so it issent reelly synchronised. Unless yu cownt the tewn my bum-puff playd. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Dilly was NOT pleezd! HAHAHAH!

    ALSO I am going to post pic's for the SYNCHRONISED SITTING EVENT on my blog this Thursday! I hope yu get time to tayke part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope I'm not too late for my gardening entry.

    http://www.buttonsbecause.com/2012/08/gardening-and-sitting-entries.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys did you happen to see my napping photos? I think I forgot to tell you about them. Sorry they are in the fart contest posting.

    http://www.buttonsbecause.com/2012/08/bearlympians-beans-and-farts.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I won a silver medal!
    Thanks judges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW I won a medal! Cool! An nice to tie wiv Buttons, too! THANK YYU!!!!

    BTW, I am on slug patrol. I hurl them from my shuvel so they don't eet the marigolds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hey... we won medals!! YAY!!! I wonder if Canada will count Sandy's gold medal in the official medal count??

    Sandy would be here writing but he is desperately packing... or trying to. He is dithering about his wardrobe muttering "Oh my goodness... I have nothing to wear to London!" Not sure if he thinks he's meeting a Queen...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks for the medal and goodies guys! I've posted my picture on our blog. Chummy hugs from Fitz (FC of Bears).

    ReplyDelete