After our visit to Niagara Falls, we drove to beautiful Toronto for two days; we've never been there and decided it would be a fun trip. We took a ferry to the Toronto islands to get some great photos of the city.
The Toronto skyline along lake Ontario sure is beary beautiful, and there are many modern buildings of green and blue glass.
We visited the beautiful Casa Loma historic site; it was a REALLY big house that is now a museum and overlooks the city of Toronto.
We saw bubbling fountains and the interior rooms had lots of antiques. Jerry saw that there were flags from the UK hanging in the main room, "Hey! We veezitad all thoze plases!"
In the center of Toronto, there are a lot of great shops at Eaton Place, and the architecture in many of the nearby buildings is wonderful!
We walked around the Distillery Historic District area and enjoyed some great coffee at Balzac's Coffee. We also had to stop by the Hockey Hall of Fame gift shop (Papa used to play some hockey).
We had a beary nice time in Toronto! Have you every been to Toronto?
Soon after we returned home, we received a nice postcard from Sullivan! Sullivan and his owner were traveling in Berlin! We've never been there, but it looks wonderful! Thanks Sullivan!




You guys are sure do a lot of traveling. I've never been to Canada, Mom says they have, it was a long time ago. 1989 B.B.(B.B.= Before Buttons). I may have to work on dad to get our passports so we can drive to NH that way. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you saw lots of cool buildings and stuff in Toronto.
Looks like you guys had a great trip! I even see a little Canadian flag logo on one of your bags. Mama was in Toronto a long time ago (same time as she was at Niagara Falls) - she saw Casa Loma too... But she hasn't taken me there yet. Mind you, I have been to London - so I guess a little bear can't complain too much!
ReplyDelete@ Buttons, You'll have to get your mom to take you to the falls, they are beautiful!
ReplyDelete@ Sandy, We loved Canada! You're our favorite Canadian!
Toronto looks lovely at this time of year. We went in February, there was lovely snow and ice-sculptures. I'd love to go back.
ReplyDeleteWe want to go to Toronto soooo Much! My Dad has been there and he says that I would Enjoy a Visit as people are Polite and Friendly.
ReplyDeleteI am Glad to See your Pictures, Jerry and Ben. Thanks!
PS We saw your Olympics Contest a bit too late... as we had a Yawning Olympics on our facebook page... Pinkie won.