Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Bastille Day!

Bonne fête de la Bastille! Ben loves French language and culture, so Jerry is helping him to celebrate Bastille Day today, July 14. We started the day with croissants, French jam, and chocolat chaud (hot chocolat), yum yum (miam, miam)! Do you like to celebrate the culture of another country, just for fun?

9 comments:

  1. YoU TWo AlwaYs lEad a FUn and ColorFUL liFe. It is So Fun to CelebraTe tHe traDitions of thE woRld! I LiKe DiveRsity! We can LEarn So muCh from OnE Another! BeArs Rule!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good idea to celebrat all national days all over the world. I will do that and have cakes each day. Our National Day is in May.
    Thank you for reading my blog. I like books stores too. I will keep reading your blog. I have been infornt of the Capitol building just like you... I didn't see any other bears ther then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember I celebrate Pancake Day which is something they celebrate in the UK.
    And Halloween! Here it's not very common to celebrate Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jerry and Ben!
    That's an awesome idea! My bears would love that for sure. It is so interesting to know and experience different cultures and practices around the globe. Most Latin American countries has almost the same cultures such as ours, since we were colonized by the Spaniards in our early history. Evidently most Filipinos today are westernized caused by globalization.
    Jake was so right, we could learn much from one another.
    bearHUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Spain we celebrate Halloween (though it is not a traditional celebration here) because it is very funny!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, what a great idea to celebrate with the french people!!! We love croissants and eclairs and of course camembert and quiche and much more delicious food :-) We celebrate the Swiss national day (1. August) at the Rhine with yummy food and fireworks. Greetings from our flock

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaah ça c'est super gentil d'avoir fait la fête avec nous !!!! Les croissants et les tartines on adore ! (au petit déjeuner, au goûter...)
    En France nous aimons aussi beaucoup le saucisson. Nous le mangeons souvent lors des pique-niques ou dans des sandwichs...
    en avez-vous aussi en Amérique ?
    bisous,
    isa

    that's super nice to have partied with us!
    We LOVE croissants et "tartine" ! (at breakfast, tea ...)
    In France we also like very much "le saucisson" (but It is not a sausage, it should not be confused!).
    We often eat at picnics or in sandwiches ...
    have you also in America?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dilly luv eet cwossants!
    Bob an Mummy like hot cwossants wiv choklit.
    Dilly like hot cwossant wiv butter an apricot jam!

    Nyom!

    If hav time, pleez come vote in Dilly new poll!!!

    ¬"

    ReplyDelete