Friday, April 8, 2011

Washington D.C.


Jerry and Ben have been enjoying a few days in Washington D.C. The weather is beautiful and the cherry trees are blossoming beautiful pink flowers. Ben especially liked visiting all the historic sites. At the Washington monument, there were also lots of tourists and interesting birds swimming and wading in the fountains to study.

"We also stopped at the White House" said Jerry, "and we looked to see if Mr. Obama was waving from his office window, but we didn't see him." Ben replied, "Maybe next time, he can join us for tea and honey." It sure is a BIG house though...there's room in there for lots and lots of bears!" Have you ever visited Washington D.C.?

14 comments:

  1. It is indeed a wonderful weather at DC. The bright blue sky is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure get around! Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely Mr. Obama was waving his hands to you :-)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--you goT to see DC during The Cherry Blossom festival! FUN! Did you See lots of Bees buzzing arOund the FloweRs? Ben, yOu look likE a politiciAn aLL dressed up in Your smarT looking attire--aRe yoU running fOr PreSident? You goT my VotE! BeaR hUGs! JaKe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Washington. Andrea says she's been to America though, but not Washington either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you two bears experience a lot of fascinating adventures! We`ve never been to Washington, but it`s surely very imposing and we would love to visit this famous place. Greetings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cherry blossoms are beautiful. We have our own cherry trees in our front yard, but they haven't even started to leaf out yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jerry and Ben. Thanks for coming to visit me. I do have fun at Birthday dinners and sometimes I am lucky enough to go on holidays with my wrinkly humans. You had lovely weather in Washington DC and saw lots of historic buildings. Sorry Obama didn't wave to you. I have never been to Washington but Diane and Bill are going in June. They reckon it is too far for me and I'm too big to fit in their suitcase. I'm very sad and disappointed.
    Birthday Bear (PS I have to share my blog with diane b.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you go in the Washington Monument? Mommy went to D.C. twice and both times it was closed, so we're not sure if it's ever opened.

    We love your Starbuck cap! Starbucks - better than tea! Slurp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Washington DC but it looks really interesting. I guess Mr Obama was busy that day - I'm sure he would have waved if he'd known you guys were there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jerry and Ben, you both look pretty happy on your holiday.
    No, I've never been there - it would be such a long walk from my house in Australia.
    That house looks so big that billions of bears could live there perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi jerry and ben!!! Your adventures were really amazing. I never been to Washington, but i hope to travel there someday...You should visit my country-Philippines, prestine beaches and historal places awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi guys,
    I'm actually planning a trip soon. I'll be sure to post something about it. Destination not as exciting as yours, but beautiful. I feel like I have already been on a little vacation. Lol, can't get mom to help with my posts.

    ReplyDelete