Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cooking with Ben: Beef Stew

Friends came over for dinner tonight, so today Ben helped out in the kitchen. He loves to cook. Ben measured out the ingredients for the rum cake, and then carefully stirred everything together. While the cake was baking, he then helped prepare the beef stew with carrots and red wine. Ben has to be careful when standing so close to the stove or oven, but his human companion keeps a close eye on him so that he stays safe. Ben giggled when he saw the stew bubbled up. The baking cake and simmering stew sure did smell good. Jerry helped out of course too; he tasted the delicious goodies and helped to lick the cake spoon! Do you like to help cook with your friends?

3 comments:

  1. We could make you a vegetable stew Hammie! The rum cake is super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rum Cake! Ben sounds like he is good cook. Please be careful when cooking! Those burner can get hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baking! I always help my owner when she bakes yummie stuff.

    ReplyDelete