Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Too Cold, a Surprise, and a Hot Drink

It is beary cold where we live today! Although our thermometer reads 1ºF (that's -17º for our celsius pals), with the wind chill the temperature actually feels like -25ºF or -32ºC.


That is BEARY cold. Brrrrr. Karl, our pal and exchange student from the Arctic, thinks the weather is great!

We're braving the cold to show our blog pals the prize we received for winning our pal Ajdin's Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest.


Winnie the Pooh stickers! Thanks Ajdin! We had a lot of fun entering your contest.

Now, back to the cold. Ben says "I'd like to protezt!!!"

"What seKretary sendz little bears out in the freezing cold? That iz crazee!" Jerry adds "Yeah! Thiz iz juzt redicoolus!"

"How aR we suppozed to survive theze freegid temperatures?!" A voice suddenly says, "Well Jerry and Ben, maybe you just need something hot to drink so that you can warm you up."


Ben pauses and then says "That iz more like it!" Jerry adds "Yum, hot chocolate! Ok, ... seKretaries aR sometimes uzeful I guess."

Did you enjoy any hot chocolate today?

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, -17?? My freezer is set to -18! Thank bearness you have lovely fur and fine winter attire.
    Congratulations on winning the Ugly Christmas Sweater contest! What a great prize! Bob has some Pooh stickers, too, he like Winnie T Pooh, especially as he has the same middle name as Bob!

    I'm glad you got some hot chocolate to warm your beads. Beanie Mouse sent us some from Harrods at Christmas, it's salted caramel falvour. Bob and Dilly say it lovely, but I haven't tasted it myself. I can't find it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We suspect that your salted caramel chocolate has already been consumed!

      Delete
    2. I'm surprised Bob let Dilly anywhere near it. It's in a Bloo tin and Bloo is Bob's favourite colour!!

      Delete
  2. ah, mint hot chocolate! that is your favorite, right? I'm glad the stickers arrived. KEEP WARM! (except for Karl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karl is beary happy at the moment! He helps us shovel the snow off the sidewalk when he isn't taking classes

      Delete
    2. BRRR, I am glad you have a large amount of cocoa on hand. Beary important when the weather drops. I was complaining to my roommates that it was too cold where I live when it's 32F. It seems like that might be a heat wave for you two.

      Stay warm!
      PS- I have seen that same brand of cocoa mix out my way. You two are lucky bears because I never get a candy cane in my cocoa.

      Delete
  3. Keep warm! Er, um, or cold...whatever feels better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrr!!! That is beary cold! But you guys look quite bundled up, although I think sitting in the snow can be rather chilly.
    Hot chocolate is always a good bear bribe... do you think your sekrebeary might manipulate you guys just a bit with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't like to think so, but what little bear doesn't melt at the thought of hot chocolate and cookies on a cold day?

      Delete