It's that time of year again…Ben has been beady busy in the kitchen baking a variety of Christmas cookies to share with friends and family.
We've already shared our favorite recipes on previous blog posts, so we won't post them again this year. Are you making any holiday treats this year?
Hm, after final count, we seem to be one or two cookies short. Do you have any idea where they might have gone?


Excellent job Ben!! As for the missing cookies... I would say it's an inside job. My theory (Sherlock Sandy at work here) is that Jerry was bribed by your Papa to steal one or two because he is frustrated that his laptop went kerblooie... But... Jerry being Jerry... the cookies never got to Papa so... Jerry is coming back for more. You may want to put a guard on those cookies! And swipe hands and paws for any chocolate residue.
ReplyDeleteBy the way... the ingredients list paraffin wax... but the recipe doesn't use it... I want to try these and Mama says we need to be beary sure we have everything we need...
Thanks Sandy, Ben thinks your theory must be right, although Jerry and Papa have been beary tight lipped. The recipie does include just a tiny bit of wax, likely to prevent the chocolate from melting in your fingers or paws and to give it a shine. You could omit the wax if you wish.
DeleteAhhh hmm... look for the chocolate all over Jerry's paws and face
ReplyDeleteBen did look, but Jerry's paws were freshly washed, so that didn't assist the investigation. If only Sherlock Sandy were here.
DeleteJust one or two cookies short, hmm that's not bad. If you were 30 or 40 cookies short I would question Jerry, but one or two missing could be anyone....
ReplyDeleteYou're probably right Little Fox. Ben has hid the cookies away so they should be safe now...
DeleteHi Guys, I suspect that Papa is the guilty party! I bet he couldn't resist a taste or two!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the lovely card. I like your little picture on the bottom of the envelope too! Very best wishes to you and Papa, have a wonderful Christmas!
Love from Granny K and the bears xxx