Monday, June 2, 2014

Presenting...Our Garden!

"Blog pals, after a BEARY long winter, we're beary pleazed to prezent OUR GARDEN!!!"

"Furst" says Ben "thiz is part of our flowur garden." You'll see many kinds of flowers, but not all of them are yet in bloom. Jerry adds "We also lost some bulbs thiz year...they were eaten by squirrels!"

"I plantud 2 kinds of morneeng glorees thiz year" says Jerry. They open in the morning and the colors are so beautiful!

Along the sunny side of the house, we have a few vegetables.

Jerry comments "Thiz iz a zookeeni plant. Ben uzes it to make zookeeni bread, and it iz so yummy."

Jerry concludes "So that iz some of the garden thiz year. Now, Ben will show you his hurbe garden...take it away Ben."

"Thank you Jerry" says Ben "I have plantud many hurbes again thiz year, and I uze them in cooking."

Ben continues "Itz so much fun to work in the garden...and I uze a fork to work the soil becauze it iz a perfuct size for little bears."

"Oh" continues Ben "you may have noticed a new friend in our garden thiz year, he's a little gnome that haz moved into the hurbe garden."

"He helps look after the hurbes" says Ben "and hopefully he'll chase away the skewrils so they don't eat the strawberries!"

We hope your garden is looking good this year too. If you don't have a garden, you can always grow a few flowers or herbs in pots; just put them in a sunny window!

10 comments:

  1. Wow - your garden looks great!! Jerry, you've done a great job on your flower garden. Everything looks nice and filled in. And Ben... that herb garden looks delicious - my mouth is watering thinking of all the yummy things you could cook with those. A question... do you know what eats those marigolds?? We've planted some in our garden and something is eating the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. Ben uses lots of herbs to make omelets, and once we have some tomatoes, he chops up some basil, adds some olive oil, salt and pepper, then adds some chopped up tomatoes, and serves the mixture over little toasted baguette slices, ...he calls it "bearsheta", and it's beary yummy.

      Delete
    2. Well done guys! it looks splendid, you must be proud. The "bearsheta" sounds delicious!

      Delete
    3. Bearsheta sounds good, I like to have basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese on a lavash bread - it's like a healthy pizza.

      Delete
    4. Thanks Granny K and Little Fox. There are beary delicious, esp. with fresh basil from the garden!

      Delete
  2. Ben, that is a great hat. It is beary important for sun protection to avoid getting burned. I guess those are your gardening clothes? You wouldn't want to get your nice suit dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we always wear hats and our gardening clothes to work in the yard. Do you have gardening boots?

      Delete
  3. Wow guys. That garden looks great. I love the blooming flowers Jerry. Ben, those herbs look amazing. I am glad you two have gardening clothes and hats to block you from the sun. I should see if I can get a straw hat or a baseball hat to protect me from the sun.

    What are the orangle plants by the rabbit? I definately like the color of those plants.

    Our wildflower mix is starting to get green but no flowers yet. Keep your paws crossed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Little Fox. The little orange flowers are marigolds; there are several kinds but we like the all orange ones.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Hammie. We know Gea is beary busy with her classes! How are your chickens?

    ReplyDelete