Jerry and Ben saw Papa walking to the house with a mysterious box, and they were so excited to see what it was. It was a package their pals Hammie and Gea!
Jerry couldn't wait and he ripped open the top of the box right away. Oooh, there were lots of fun surprises inside, and he smelled some yummy cookies too!
Hammie and Gea had traveled to Bretagne (Brittany in France) and sent some special souvenirs to Jerry and Ben. "Did you know boys" Papa said "that I went to school in Brittany a long time ago?" Ben looked surprised, then he carefully studied the card and all the nice images showing Les fêtes de Cornouaille that decorated the front of the card; Ben likes French things too! Meanwhile, Jerry dug in the package and discovered a Brittany magnet and cool keyring!
There were also some yummy breton butter cookies, 2 caramel pops, and a package of Dutch mini Stroppwafels! Jerry quickly put a package of cookies and a caramel pop in his bag to munch on later...
...hélas, Jerry really couldn't wait until "later" and he tore open a package of cookies and bit into one right away. "Mmmm" he said while quickly eating the treat, "zis cookee tastes tray dayleeseeeuh" he declared with his best French accent. Papa and Ben tried the Stroppwafels and both smiled, "Miam, miam! Ces biscuits sont aussi vraiment très bons" said Papa. Ben wanted to add his opinion too, but he was too busy eating another cookie! Thanks Hammie and Gea, we love the great gifts!

What a cool package!
ReplyDeleteAnd i love that last picture.
Yum! Those look good. Hee, hee, I didn't think Jerry could wait till later.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh, what a yummy gift!
ReplyDeleteKisses
Surprises! Yummo - can see how much you're enjoying your gifts.
ReplyDeleteooooh I love it when you talk French Jerry.
Cheers for now ^O^Rebsxx
Wow, that's awesome!!! Those cookies and pops look so yummy!!
ReplyDeleteJerry and Ben, I'm excited to tell you that I have given you a "I'm a Toy Tourist" award! You can see it and get your badge here!!!
http://travelwithmichael.blogspot.com/2011/09/im-toy-tourist-award.html