Saturday, January 23, 2021

Jerry's Corner, episode 13

Hello stuffies everywhere! This is Jerry's Corner. I'm your host, Jerry. Welcome to the show!


Jerry's Corner is a talk and information show where stuffies of all kinds from around the world can get answers to their qweshtons, receive great advice, and enjoy helpful tips, all from me, your host, Jerry! Remember, keep those qweshtons coming!



So let's get to our first question right away. Ben, what is our first qweshton on the list?
--Well Jerry, I don't see any qweshtons on the list...I don't think many stuffies have been getting out and about because of Covid...but we may have some great qweshtons for our next episode. Back to you Jerry!


No 
qweshtons?? Well that's too bad. Ok, let's move on to our next segment: today's weather report. To let our stuffie viewers know what the weather is like today so that they can convince their seKretaries to plan appropriate fun events and pack the correct kinds of snacks, let's send it over to our staff weather bear Ben. Take it away Ben...


Thank you Jerry. Well viewers, as you can see, the weather continues to be cold and snowy...in fact it's snowing lightly right now. I can confirm that the snow is white, fluffy, and a bit cold, but luckily I have on my winter boots which keep my bear paws toasty warm, and a great wool Norwegian sweater and matching cap and scarf. So I think we'll do a winter hike after today's program and stop for a hot chocolate. Today's tip from Jerry's Corner is a simple one: wear your snow boots if you have a lot of snow. They will keep your bear paws--or seKretary toes--toasty and dry.

So that's the weather report for today. Back to you Jerry.


Thanks for that snowy update and great tip Ben.

Now on to our main segment of today's snow: our speshial guest. He is a pal from way up north who visits Ben and me every year, he loves winter and drawing snowflakes, pals around with a friendly lug of a moose, and enjoys munching on ice cubes, sledding, and ice skating. Let's all give a big round of applause for today's guest, Karl!


Welcome to the show Karl!
--Why thank you Jerry, it's brilliant to be here.
You are beary welcome Karl. Now, as you informed our production staff, we'll have to keep today's interview rather short, but we thank you for making time in your beezee schedule to talk with us today.
--I'm happy to be here Jerry, but you're right, I do have to be conscious of my time indoors. You see, as a snow person, I don't do well being in warm indoor temperatures for long periods of time. But, since I gained a few pounds of snow around my mid-section from eating all those yummy Christmas treats baked by Ben, I could stand to melt off a pound or two...I'll try not to leave a puddle of water near your desk.
LOL, that's ok Karl, we understand. So would you share with us and our viewers what interesting things you're working on during this year's visit?


--Why yes Jerry. You see, I'm doing additional research toward my Ph.D-SS, that's Doctor of Snow Person Studies. at the University of Minnesota. I'm looking at and cataloguing snowflake patterns around the world. This year I'm looking at all the wonderful snowflakes in Minnesota, and hope to publish a monograph on the topic sometime in the future. I'm also helping to create an exchange program for other snow people in the far north Yukon to visit Minnesota in the winter, and I'm very excited about the program and always glad to be here in Minnesota with you and Ben.



Gosh Karl that sounds fascinating. So you'll be able to visit us every year then?
--That's the plan!
Well beary fantastic, we look forward to further interviews with you in future episodes of Jerry's Corner. Thanks beary much for being on the show today.
--It was great fun Jerry, now I'd better slide outside soon, it's getting rather warm in here.

Well stuffie pals, that's the show for today. I want to thank my speshial guest Karl, my weather bear Ben, and of course my amazing film crew which made it all possible (well, that is also Ben...)


Keep those qweshtons coming, and we'll see you next time on Jerry's Corner!

11 comments:

  1. Great show you guys! I will have to come up with some questions for your next episode...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and informative episode. Great job! I too will have to come up with some questions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. An exchange program is in effect? OMG, I want to sign up for a summer exchange to the Yukon. Karl, do I need to find my own funding or is it going to be grant funded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karl says there are some grants, we'll have to look into it. We try not to mention s.u.m.m.e.r too much when he is here because of the m.e.l.t.i.n.g...

      Delete
  4. LF here again. We got about a 1/4 of an inch of snow a few days ago. It was a mere 36 degrees so it stuck on grass and plants but not the snow. I just googled the temperature in your primary hometown, wow a high of 23 today! You two stay warm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bunch of our snow has melted, but wind chills next weekend may hit -30, brrr. Karl will be beary happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you guys are due for some more chilly weather. Stay warm over there!!

      Delete
    2. We sent some questions for the next Jerry's corner... hehhehe

      Delete
  6. It's beary important to keep guests comfortable - so glad you are attentive to Karl's need for freeze!

    I will send you some qweshtons for the next show!

    ReplyDelete