Isn't the Honey Flyer 2 a great sled? We love the color (Hammie red) and it has a special Norwegian-design control band that we can use to steer the sled. Oh, for those blog pals who live in warm climates, behind us is the St. Croix river, and yes, it's completely frozen over.
So we set off to find a good hill to sled down. "Say..." asks Jerry, "after trying out the Honey Flyer 2, we are going to take a break for hot chocolate and cookies, aren't we?"
"Well of course" replied Ben, "all I have to do is to say the following to a seKretary: 'boy, a nice Starbucks coffee and pumpkin muffin sure would be good about now, don't you think?' ...and we're assured a stop for snacks! No seKretary can ignore the thought of coffee and a muffin."
The hills were perfect for sledding! The Honey Flyer 2 is amazing!
Now, getting back to our friend. We had a special telegram that a friend of our was doing an internship at the winter festival; he was helping to construct the big ice castle. "So I wrote bacK and sed we'd meet him aftur our sledding" said Ben, "I wonder where he can be?...oh wait, I see him!!"
Do you recognize our pal? He can only visit us in the winter.
It's Karl!! All the way from Arctic! Karl is an exchange student who says with us during the winter term while he takes classes at the University of Minnesota. After his internship concludes next week, he's going to be taking Advanced Ice Castle Design, World History of Hot Chocolate, and Snowperson Survival Skills 1 (how to survive sudden warm temperatures, etc.)
It sure is great to have Karl back in town! "It sure is," adds Jerry, "and...um...say...em...what about some hot chocolate and cookies? My tummy is rumbling!" "That's a great idea," says Karl, "but I think I'd better stick to an iced latte...hot drinks are not so good for my health." (hehe)
Are you having any fun winter adventures?






Great photos of the Honey Flyer 2! And good to see Karl again. Everybody stay warm! (Uh...everyone escept Karl. I suppose I should say, "Everybody stay at a comfortable temperature!")
ReplyDeleteHehe. Karle has his own one bedroom + office and den igloo in the back yard. We join him for breakfast (only iced drinks for him) before he heads to classes.
DeleteIt's great to see Karl again. An iced latte sounds great. Does U of M have a Hot Chocolate lab for Karl's class on World History of Hot Chocolate?
ReplyDeleteWe don't think Karl does much tasting of the hot chocolate (only if it's cooled), but he's learning all about different kinds of hot chocolate from around the world. We sure hope he brings home samples for us to try!
DeleteMe too.
DeleteThe ice castle in the background is beautiful! Wow! Stay warm... and stay cool for Karl!
ReplyDelete