Friday, May 29, 2015

Jerry's Corner, episode 5

Hello stuffies everywhere! This is Jerry's Corner. I'm your host, Jerry. Welcome to the show!

Jerry's Corner is a talk and information show where stuffies of all kinds from around the world can get answers to their questions, receive great advice, and enjoy helpful tips, all from me, your host, Jerry! 

As you can see, I'm on location today in our garden. I'm taking a little break from planting and weeding in order to bring you our show today. Let's get right to our first question. It comes from our pal Little Fox "Furst, thank yoU Little Fox foR sending in your qweshton" says Jerry. Little Fox asks:
What are the best perennials you would recommend for color in the summer and ease of care? 
Also, can we get a behind the scenes tour of Jerry's corner?  You know, maybe you do a special episode of all the work that goes into an episode?
That is a great qweshton Little Fox. "I reKomend MaryGolds" says Jerry. "They aR drought rezistant and eazy to grow!"  Marigolds love the sun, and the more you clip them the more you get!

So blog pals, Jerry wants you to remember one thing: if you're looking for an easy flower to add to your garden, think MaryGolds! The orange and yellow colors will brighten any garden! "You kan't go rowng with MaryGolds!" declares Jerry! 


Before we get to our next qweshton, here are some more photos from our garden:


A beautiful Iris!

 More flowers...

The strawberries are coming along nicely.

Our next question for comes from our pal Droppy W. Dog. "Furst, thank yoU Droopy for sending in your qweshton" says Jerry. Droopy wonders:


I noticed in your Easter post that you had a box of Peeps. In our household, we have many different ways of eating Peeps. My friend Patch likes to eat them right away, while they're soft and fresh, and he nibbles daintily from the bottom up. 
I like to wait for them to get a bit stale and crunchy, and I eat mine from the ears down. And Spunky...well, it takes him three or four days to eat one Peep. 
So my question is:  How do you like to eat your Peeps?
 
That is a great qweshton Droopy. We aren't huge fans of Peeps; Ben loves anything chocolate and Jerry really likes the jelly beans. When we do eat Peeps, we like them fresh and soft. In fact, we wonder if they would be good in smores? So blog pals, Jerry wants you to remember one thing: you should eat your Peeps anyway you like them!

To end our show today, Jerry wants to share some photos of our new neighbor:



He must have moved in the the middle of the night, but Mr. Gnome has quickly made himself feel right at home!

As you can see, he's already hard at work harvesting flowers and herbs, and has added a little bird house (although those we be beary tiny birds).



Jerry mis most excited to see a little bee hive...BEEEESSSZZZ So hopefully there will be some honey soon!

As for the rest of the garden, everything is growing well because we've had a beary lot of rain. As you can see, the chives are in full bloom, and Ben uses them in his cooking.


Well blog pals, that does it for this episode of Jerry's Corner. Keep those questions coming to: jerryandben@yahoo.com  We hope you can join us next time on Jerry's Corner. "Thiz iz Jerry, (and camera bear Ben) singeeng off!"



12 comments:

  1. Mr Gnome looks like a good neighbor. Are those chives I see with the purple flowers. My roommates put our old chives in the yard debris bin last year....they promised to plant new ones but nothing yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chives are great in lots of things, even in canned soup! We love them.

      Delete
    2. Good idea about chives in canned soup. I like them in Eggs and basically everything else.

      Delete
    3. Well, everything but ice cream maybe! hehe

      Delete
  2. Great episode Jerry (and Ben of course)!!! Thanks for the tour of your garden. I have a question I'll be sending you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! We hope your garden is going great too.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers Jerry and Ben! Oooo...you have given me something to think about with the Peeps Smores idea. I wonder what we would call the finished product? Peepsmores? Smorepeeps? Or maybe...Smeeps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee-yoo-tiful flowers! Keep a close eye on that beehive. If the bees ever need help finding the flowers, you can show them where they are!

    ReplyDelete