Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kite Festival

We were enjoying a long hike this weekend when we chanced upon a winter kite festival being held on a frozen lake around which we usually walk.

There was a hot chocolate stand (essential if you're going to get any stuffies to attend), and there were hay rides with some beary nice looking horses!

Aren't they beautiful!

But of course the kites were the main attraction. There were so many kinds of kits, and all different sizes, colors and shapes.

 Ben spotted a round kite and asked the nice owner if he and Jerry could try to fly it.

Ben and Jerry gave it a great try, but unfortunately it was too big for them and they almost got carried away by the kite! It's probably better if little bears stay on the ground!

It sure was fun seeing all those colorful kites. Do bears fly kites where you live?


13 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I haven't seen any bears flying kites... no kite flying actually. I think it's been too wet for kites. You guys look beary handsome in your winter outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! look at how frozen you folks are! I'm glad you didn't float away guys - that would be awful. Yes, there are kites flown here, on the beach. They have an annual kitefest in the summer. What lovely clothes you chaps have on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those horses are very beautiful...and very big! I wouldn't want to mess with them. I really like your banner photo with the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banner photo of you two with the lighthouse is great!

      Delete
  4. what a fun outing! I have always wanted to try kite flying. Glad to see that you are dressed appropriately for the weather. Did Karl come along also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karl didn't come with us for the hike...snow people have a difficult time walking long distances. He was enjoying the cold weather in our back yard.

      Delete
  5. That does look like a fun outing, but beary cold! I bet you were the hot chocolate stand bestest customers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Buttons, we did spend some time at the hot chocolate stand...it's like a little bear magnet.

      Delete
  6. Kite flying? You two do have some cool adventures. Ben I didn't see your fleur-de-lis on your jacket, are you hiding it? How is Karl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben took the pin off when he had the jacket dry cleaned...time to put it back on!

      Delete
    2. Your clothes get dry cleaned? You two are so lucky. Stay warm and drink a mug of hot chocolate for me.

      Delete
    3. We did indeed Little Fox. Our seKretary currently has the flu, so drs. Jerry and Ben are making soup and putting DVDs in the movie player....they do all happen to be Paddington Bear videos...now how did that happen.

      Delete
  7. Ooh, you'll have to take some photos next time!

    ReplyDelete