"Quoi??" says Ben (that means What?), "un pacquet de France, pour nous?? Ça doit être d'Achille! (a package from France? It must be from Achille!)"
As regular readers likely know, Ben is learning some French and he loves everything French. "Me wonder what iz in thiz package??" mumbles Ben.
Ben continues "Regard! Eel yah 2 jolis paquets et une karte! (There are two pretty packages and a card! ...Ben still needs to work a little on his spelling). "Letz open them!" says Jerry.
"Achille's mom made uz each a skarf!" cheers Jerry, "and thar iz a hand painted bear on a Pariz metro tiket!" says Ben.
"I luv my skarf" says Jerry, "thank you Achille and Achille's mom!"
"Moi aussi, j'adore mon... (Ben checks his dictionary) ...éshapre! Mersi Achille et la maman d'Achille!" (I love my scarf too! Thank you Achille and Achille's mom!) The scarves are going to keep Jerry and Ben beary warm this winter!
There is also a nice letter, in both French and English in the package, so Ben is going to practice his French and read the letter and translate it for Jerry. (See the cute picture of Achille on the letter?)
Merci Achille!






Whoa... those are some seriously handsome scarves you guys got! Mama has a friend who is studying French in Quebec (for four months) and then in France (for eight months). I tried to convince her to let me go there too but... not going to happen. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteThey are indeed beautiful scarves Sandy and they will keep us beary warm this winter! We've been to Québec, it's beautiful!
DeleteThose scarves look beautiful. I bet they keep you beary warm during the cold winter months. Was there a tag indicating which scarf was Ben's and which scarf was Jerry's or did you guys decide when you opened the package?
ReplyDeleteBen, I know how much you love stuff that from France, maybe you can cook up some French onion soup to stay warm this week. I bet you Jerry would help you eat some.
Thanks Little Fox. We just each put on the scarves that we opened, but we always exchange clothes...that multiplies the outfits we can wear.
DeleteWe may be going to France for a short vacation in the fall...it depends how much the flights are; they can be beary expensive. French onion soup sounds delicious!
I think you need to go to France, I hear it's best to learn a language surrounded by native speakers. Also, Jerry might need to sample the cookies and pastries over there.
DeleteWe have been to Paris once before:
Deletehttp://themanyadventuresofjerryandben.blogspot.com/2010/07/paris.html
But we need to go back again. There are still many pastries that Jerry has to sample!
My roommates are apprehensive to take me across borders but it looks like you two and Sandy have no problems. They heard of two adults (with no kids) taking a stuffie and the stuffie got seized by customs. Apparently customs thought it was weird for two adults to travel with a stuffie and no kids and to be carrying a stuffie around. ARGG Humans are so strange.....I think we might try to go to Canada this Summer so I think I will try crossing that international border first.
DeleteSaw your Paris post, what a great picture of you two in front of the Eiffel Tower. Glad to hear that the crepe vendor added extra honey to your crepes.
Oh gosh that is a scary story. Maybe your roommates should put you in a comfortable traveling box, then wrap it, and say it is a present. Just make sure to include a little pot of honey in the box so you have something to much one.
DeleteThat's a next want idea. I really like the idea of the honey pot.
DeleteI meant to say excellent idea, not next want. I will have to have a frank discussion with my sekrebeary about spelling.
DeleteEh? Stuffies getting seized at the border???? What??!! Nope, never had that happen... mind you I've only been to England, Germany, Mexico, Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos... Never been to the US yet... I carry business cards so that any customs officers can look up my blog address and see that I am a legitimate traveling bear who is an accomplished blogger!
DeleteLittle Fox - you're coming to Canada this summer!!?? Oh that would be great! I've only ever met... hmm.... Beanie Mouse I think... and that rabbit in Malaysia. Mama has a fourth cousin (or something) in... let me look... in.... Salem OR! So we might get down there eventually as well.
oho !!! We are pleased that our package has finally arrived !!!
ReplyDeleteAchille asked me all the time if if Ben and Jerry received our gifts !!!!
He said too : "Tell them I can give them lessons in French"
But I think Achilles first need spelling lessons.... arhhumm ! (and me some english lessons !!!)
Bonne nuit mes amis !!!
isa et Achille
Merci Isa et Achille. Nous les adorons!
Deleteooh lovely scarves! I wish I knew some French.. oui?
ReplyDelete