Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March Mail!

We Papa got home from work today, he brought in the mail and there were two things for Jerry and Ben! "Who could have sent us mail?" asked Jerry.

Jerry read the back of the postcard; it said "Greetings from Utrecht" from our pal Sullivan McPig!

The postcard photo is beautiful; we hope someday to travel to Utrecht and see it for ourselves. Thank you Sullivan for the great card!

Ben next looked at the box, and the return address on the package said Hammie Hamster! Papa helped open the box, and Jerry and Ben noticed some beautiful blue and white Dutch stickers! "I can decorate my school folders" said Ben.

There were also some fun Dutch napkins that Jerry said we should save and use for our picnics this summer, and a really neat card from Gea and Hammie!

Underneath the card and stickers, Jerry discovered some Dutch chocolate!  

There were also some delicious looking candies, but Jerry couldn't wait any longer and tore open one of the boxes of chocolate...

 ...and took a big bite from one of the chocolate bars; the bar was shaped like a giant letter P! "Thess shoKolAH iz beary Goo!" Jerry explained with his mouth full, but Ben said he meant that the chocolate was really good!

While Jerry was tasting the chocolate, Ben opened the little round disk and carefully ran it under water, and a fun little towel with a dog on it opened up! The dog looks just like Boo! We'll save the towel and use it to have our picnics on this summer!  Thanks Hammie and Gea for the beary fun surprises!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, B and J!
    Is it your birthday? Or do you just have kind friends who send gifts? I wish I knew where to send post cards to you. Instead, I'll just have to send you bear hugs for a HAPPY THURSDAY!
    Trumble

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Not our birthdays Jenann, just a surprise package from Hammie! The treats are beary delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like the card. Utrecht is a beautiful city, so if you ever are in the Netherlands you should try to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sullivan`s card is very nice! Great that you also got all those wonderful gifts from dear Hammie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are two lucky bears to be getting parcels in the post. That chocolate sure looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jerry and Ben, what a great surprise - lots of fun things in the mail. I can understand how you just had to crunch into the chocolate - mmmmmmm, it sure looks nice from where I'm sitting!
    I really like your winter hats too - they're so cute looking and I reckon they would keep your beary ears nice and snug.
    Thank you for visiting me, I have been a long time getting back to you but I have to blame my humans, they went away on a huge trip and I didn't have a computer to write on. All I did was eat honey. I managed to eat it all but I did appreciate your offer to help me if I couldn't. Only problem is I have now got a honey headache - oh well.

    ReplyDelete