Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas in Mexico

For Jerry and Ben, Christmas in the upper midwest is usually cold and is accompanied by lots of snow and a big Christmas tree. This year, however, they got to spend a week in sunny and warm Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!

Ben shows off his new sombrero while enjoying a view of the beach and hotel pools from the balcony at the hotel.

Jerry and Ben enjoy a morning view of the beary blue Pacific Ocean before heading out for the day. Jerry spied someone parasailing on the beach (can you spot the sail over the palm trees?) and thought that might be fun, but Ben was worried that a little bear might simply float away, so they decided not to try it.

 
"Isn't the water beautiful!" said Ben. Jerry replied "Enough looking, let's go to the beach!"

The sand was soft and the waves were not too big, but the water was a little cold, especially in the morning. 

We even saw a beary cool full-sized nativity scene along the promenade!

In the center of Puerto Vallarta, we discovered a beautiful church, Our Lady of Guadalupe.

The church's tower is topped with a crown, "That sure is a big crown!" noted Jerry.

We also took a bus south to see Mismaloya beach in the great Banderas Bay; the water and rocks were so beautiful!

Ben spotted this little sculpture, and thought it looked like Jerry and he, so Papa took a photo.

Adios Puerto Vallarta! We hope to see you again!

10 comments:

  1. Ola! You lucky bears, hope you didn't get sunburned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful beach!!!!! We'd love to be there too! How lucky you bears are :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!!! Oh, and check out my zodiac idea....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely morning view you had. I hope you enjoyed every bit of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! I envy you beary much!!!!
    Kisses and Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a beary good Time oNce again duDes! You havE All tHe FUN! LoVe YoUr Hat BeN! MeXico MuSt Bee Hot for BearS? BiG BeAr Hug!
    JakE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful holiday with sun, beach and nice places! We love all the brilliant photos. The nativity scene is really impressing! Ben looks very nice with his new sombrero :-) Many thanks for sharing your Mexican feelings with us. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quelle chance les copains ! mais vous n'avez pas dû avoir de neige au Mexique!!!!!! :-))) En tout cas le sombrero est TRES joli et vous va super bien !!!

    What luck, guys!
    but you don't have snow in Mexico !!!!!! In any case, the sombrero is very pretty and you will be great!
    Happy new year !
    nekita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola! I hav to rite this as a 'reply' as blogger is playing up agen! It won't let me jus do a comment! But I hav sumthing URGENT to tell yu! YOR PARCEL GOT HEER TODAY!!!! ges wy it took so long???? IT CAYME VIA BOLIVIA!!! WAT the??? Hehehehe! I don't noe wy! It cleerly had 'England' on the address laybol! Wat a trip it went on!

      Thanks so much for the luvly presents! The card is grayte! Wat a brillyent pawtrayte!! I shall blog abowt it all soon!

      I luv yor hats! I liket the big crib too. My Unkol Roy livs an werks neer Mexico City. But he duzzent keep in tutch mutch. I gess he is too bizzy havin fun!

      Tayke care!!

      Delete
  9. wooooooooooow! I'm jealous! Awesome vacation!

    ReplyDelete